They say that a successful film requires three components: love, children and a dog. Does it also apply to business? We collected dog breeds from CEOs.
Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO – BEAST (Puli)
Nowadays only a couple of hundred Puli puppies are registered each year in the USA. Although thanks to the Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, this herding dog is becoming more and more popular today in the United States and hopefully in the whole world.
Beast became the ambassador of Puli dog breed.
8 years ago, the heart of the Facebook founder was blown up by one of the finest Hungarian dog breeds, the Puli. The Zuckerberg family's favorite white dog, named Beast, has become a real star on the Internet, and his owner likes to boast of a great deal of wealth. Beast has her own Facebook page with more than 2.5 million followers!
On her 8th birthday, Zuckerberg greeted her: „Happy birthday Beast, you wonderful crazy dog.” The family got interested with another Hungarian breed as well, called Komondor.
Source: Beast The Dog / Facebook
With Puli's popularity, it has become a protagonist for TV commercials in America.
Why did Zuckerberg choose the Puli dog breed? We gathered some advantages about the breed:
- Temperament: Agile, Faithful, Loyal, Energetic, Intelligent, Obedient, Smart and Home-Loving.
- Smart: Puli's intelligence is above average. Tricks and commands can be trained easily. They understand and memorize new commands in 15-25 repetitions. This breed obeys for the first command 70% of the time or better.
- Puli dogs shed none to minimal. Having a puppy from this breed you don't have to be afraid of your couch or car covered by dog hair. Puli dogs could be the best choice if you don't tolerate dog hair.
- Puli dogs are easy to train. They find out the association between commands and actions quite quickly.
- The Puli is a playful breed. Excited barking and sometimes nipping will alert you to play.
- Puli dogs are highly affectionate dogs. They like being involved in the family's life. This breed isn't considered as an aloof dog.
- Puli dogs are one of the best watchdogs. Their main job is to observe and they're very consistent in their effort. The best vocal cords and sense of hearing belong to them. Usually, they're very territorial and protective about their property, so the Puli dogs will alert you if they sense something different.
- Puli dogs are kid-friendly dogs. This breed is a good choice if you have children.
Sundar Pichai, Google CEO – JEFFREE (Poodle Mix?)
Probably he’s a poodle or a water dog mix. One thing for sure, since Google has made it possible for dogs to stay in their offices, Sundar Pichai and Jeffree never have to be separated.
What are the benefits of keeping this Dog?
- Poodle dogs shed none to minimal.
- Outstanding Intelligent: Poodle is one of the brightest dog breeds. They desire to learn tricks and commands often. The limit is your creativity. They understand and memorize new commands in fewer than 5 repetitions. This breed obeys for the first command 95% of the time or better.
- Easy to train: They find out the association between commands and actions very quickly.
- Good watchdog: Their main job is to observe and they're consistent in their effort. Good vocal cords and sense of hearing belong to them. Usually, they're territorial and protective about their property, so the Poodle dogs will alert you if they sense something different.
- Apartment-Friendly: Poodle dogs adapt very well to lifestyle changes and basically all living environments. Besides the daily walk outside they don't require a big garden. They don't mind moving from one place to another with their owner.
Source: Sundar Pichai / Twitter
The founder of Microsoft have two adorable dogs, called Oreo and Nilla. Oreo is a tri-color Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Nilla seems like a Maltese, but there isn’t any more details about the dogs. One of the celebrity sites guessed the value of that dog could be about $8 million. Gates Reddit post says that he really likes his pooches, although his children spend much more time with them: “We have two dogs. One is Oreo and the other is Nilla. I will say I spend less time with the dogs than the kids do but I really like them (when they are not barking at night and not eating things they are not supposed to and when they are well house trained). I have resisted getting a third dog.”
We collected the similarities between the two dog breeds:
- Very apartment-friendly dogs.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Maltese dogs are both quite easy to train.
- Adapt very well to lifestyle changes and basically all living environments.
- They are genuinely loyal, soft and gentle, loving and affectionate dogs toward their handlers.
- Cavs and Maltese dogs need a lot of social interaction.
- They don’t have an attitude to bite somebody.
- Cat, dog, senior citizens and stranger friendly dogs.
Jack Ma, Alibaba founder and CEO – APOLLO (German Shepherd)
Alibaba has become one of the world's leading companies in just over two decades. The CEO of Alibaba is a big dog lover, he has a German Shepherd named after a Greek god Apollo. Apollo would probably have added emotional support to Ma great success.
Why did Jack Ma choose the German Shepherd breed? We gathered the most important aspects:
- Temperament: Alert, Courageous, Intelligent, Obedient, Confident, Curious, Loyal, Watchful.
- German Shepherd dogs are commonly healthy dogs.
- Outstanding Intelligent: German Shepherd is one of the brightest dog breeds. They desire to learn tricks and commands often. The limit is your creativity.
- German Shepherd dogs are extremely protective guard dogs. This breed doesn't hesitate to protect their territory so the German Shepherd can be a good choice if you want an excellent guard dog. Keep calm and the German Shepherd will take care of unwanted people or animals.
- German Shepherd dogs are very kid-friendly dogs. This breed enjoys being surrounded by children.
- Real Jolly Joker because they are used as a Service, Therapy, Detection/Sniffer, and Search/Rescue dog.
Based on the above and due to its characteristics, the German Shepherd Dog is one of the most popular breeds in the world.
Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO – KAMALA (Unknown) & SPOTMINI (Robot Dog)
On the ’90s Bezos had a dog, named after a Star Trek character Kamala. We don’t know much about other dogs he had, except SpotMini. He was captured in 2018 with SpotMini, the new robot dog, that was created by the famous American robotics and engineering company, the Boston Dynamics. This electric-powered robot dog has 90 minutes of charge and weighs about 55 pounds (25 kg).
Which breed would you choose, and why? Share your opinion.