Golden Color Dog Breeds
List of dog breeds that occur in golden or a variation of golden. Dog breeds that are golden in color.
What dog breeds come in golden color?
There are a variety of breeds that come in golden colors, and no matter which one you end up choosing, it can make for a wonderful companion.
Let’s take a look at some of the top contenders:
- Golden Retriever – They’re loyal and friendly, making them ideal family pets. They have thick fur coats that range from light to dark gold – more commonly called “English Cream” - that don’t require much grooming or maintenance.
- Labrador Retriever – These pooches also come in several shades of gold, including chocolate and yellow labradors with coats ranging from pale to deep golden hues. Like the golden retriever, they love being around people and other animals, so they don't do well living alone or isolated from others.
- German Shepherd - This breed comes in several colors; however those who want a truly golden dog may want to get the rarer white-coated German shepherd variant known as Sable German Shepherds; their coats take on unique shades of beige, tan and golden nuances across their bodies as they mature into adults!
- Cocker Spaniel - This breed also wears its coat proudly with rich shades of gold throughout its body! As an active breed, these dogs will need plenty of exercise but thanks to their smaller size can still fit comfortably into most homes without taking up too much space or causing too much disruption when indoors (versus larger breeds like labs).
- Irish Setter– With its gorgeous flowing red locks this breed is nothing short of eye-catching! Its curls have hints of gold throughout their length making it easily stand out wherever you go with your pup in tow!
Regardless of which one you choose, each one is bound to bring you an unconditional amount of joy every day!
Golden dogs come in just about every shape and size imaginable, from the Golden Retriever, who’s got a heart of gold, to the Golden Doodle—a perfect blend of two of the most popular breeds.
Golden Huskies, Golden Spaniels, and even Golden Labradoodles grace the lives of many loving pet parents all around the world! Even lovable Old English Sheepdogs are sometimes seen sporting their signature golden coats.
For animal fans looking for a new pup with a stunning golden hue, there's no shortage of choices.
We hope we made your choice easier!